Family Life Ministries
The mission of the family life ministry team is to encourage and support a home-centered, church-supported ministry in every area of St. Peter’s church and schools. Since its inception, this group has worked to provide St. Peter’s families with resources, education and enrichment designed to strengthen the family and encourage spiritual development in the home. The team has also worked in conjunction with other St. Peter’s ministry teams to promote family considerations in their programming and activity.
Much of the team’s work is based upon the Five Principles for Passing on Faith:
1. Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationship – often in our own homes.
2. The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation and the ministry of the home.
3. Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church too.
4. Faith is caught more than it is taught.
5. If we want Christian children and youth, we need Christian adults and parents.
The family life ministry team was formed as a task force in 2004. Since then it has developed into a full ministry team. In May of 2010, the congregation voted to add the family life ministry team as a standing committee in the church’s bylaws. The family ministry team has offered a wide variety of programs, activities, and resources for families.
If your interested in joining the Family Life Ministries Team or would like to help out, please contact Michelle Leahy.