About Our School
Founded in 1855, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and School is one of the oldest Lutheran parishes in Fort Wayne. Located in growing St. Joe Township, St. Peter’s Church and School occupies 23 acres of land on Fort Wayne’s northeast side. Eighteen teachers and a full-time administrator bring the Word of Christ to over 280 students from age two through eighth grade on a daily basis.
St. Peter’s is accredited by the National Lutheran Schools Association and the state of Indiana. Academics at St. Peter’s challenge students to achieve their personal best. Mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, and religion are taught at every grade level. St. Peter’s ISTEP scores (for grades 3-8) consistently outrank those of the surrounding community schools.
A quality educational program is maintained at St. Peter’s in many extracurricular activities as well, including choral music, hand bells, instrumental music, color guard, and individualized computer experiences, as well as a complete interscholastic sports program for students in grades four through eight.